Wednesday, February 20, 2008

ATC workshop ... Lesson 5

I am still trying to catch up with the rest of the class but I finally have pictures of lesson 5. The first one was ink jet transfer to paper. I reversed the image because of the text on it then printed it. You were suppose to be able to use water or gel medium but I could not get the water transfer to work so I just used the gel. I painted the watercolor paper with the gel and laid the print on that. After letting it set for a minute I carefully peeled away the ink jet paper. The image was a little lighter than I would have liked so I rubbed yellow dye ink over it and that seemed to darken it up. Then I added a little gold and green ink on the edges and glued on some bellies. The second one is ink jet transfer to linen. It is done the same way. For this one after the transfer was complete, I glued it to cardstock and put a dab of mica powder here and there. Then I gold inked the edges here and there and glued on a copper charm. I don’t know what it says but it looked cool :))The third one reminds me of Hollywood and is made with fun foam shapes. You just glue shapes on then use white gesso to cover the entire card. Once dry, you dab on two colors of paint. I love the teal with the pinkish paint but I did leave a touch of the white showing through. Then I stamped it with my newsprint stamp, used a gold paint pen on the edges of the card and shapes, glued on my little “star’s” in the center of each shape and stamped some gold swirlies here and there.

8 comments:

valeria said...

wow!!! bellissime!

Sheila D said...

These are great. I love the third one. I would have never guessed fun foam.

Carolyn said...

Inka, your ATCs for the workshop are during how really well. I knew I would be impressed with your interpretation of the lessons. FABULOUS CARDS!

Carolyn

Mel♥ said...

i love them inka i also have a gifty for you on my blog please stop by...
melissa
http://alterediva.blogspot.com/

Moonwillow said...

Inka you have a great blog, please visit my blog to see what people are saying!

Janny said...

Beautiful Blog, thnkx for sharing!

Sunnymommie said...

beautiful!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful stamps. I love the combination of what is included in this group.