Thursday, February 28, 2008

Slipping around!


Recently, while poking around blog land I have run into several pairs of fairy shoes … well you know me and fairies … I was instantly inspired! I wanted to try and make some but I wanted to be able to wear them too! I was also motivated by a stampers retreat that our local stamp group leader has planed for us. We plan to stay in our jammies all weekend and stamp, so I needed some pretty shoes to wear … right! Well I have a book on ribbon embroidery so I got out my sewing machine followed a pattern that I found also at the thrift shop. Although I do tat I did not do the tatted lace around the edges. That is some antique lace I collected a long time back.

11 comments:

Moonwillow said...

I love them! they even look comfy and oh so pretty!

Elizabeth in NM said...

Those are adorable! Nice work!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

These are gorgeous, Inka...like little ballerina slippers! Excellent. I thought when you said fairy shoes they would have those pointed upward toes..lol..but I don't know a lot about fairies or elves, it appears. You could diversify and start selling these too, ya think?

Dawn said...

How delicate and soft they look, a truimph indeed, I love slippers and would wear these happily x

momto6 said...

Inka - these are absolutely beautiful! You and your slippers are going to be the hit of the stamping weekend. -Nicki

Eileen said...

Inka, you fairy shoes are wonderful. You will be the best dressed at your weekend stamping retreat.......

joanne wardle said...

love love love them!!!

Mel♥ said...

inka those are so cute!! i want some too...

Cindy said...

These are adorable! You did a great job on these.

di said...

These are too cute!

Mar said...

these are just tttooooooo adorable!!!