Friday, December 18, 2009

Little Asian Puppet Theater

A special gift for a special friend.

Several weeks ago I picked up an old jewelry box at the local thrift shop. I loved the handles and it had 6 drawers and a door all with hardware. After getting it home and pulling all the drawers out I thought of making a little fairy theater from the shell. Well I did not quite get to it yet with the holidays and all but I did use one of the drawers to make this mini theater for a very special friend of mine. I used my dremel to expand the hold for the handle to a slot. Then I hung my little puppet on a dowel that was slightly bigger than the slot I cut. Now you can hold onto the dowle and jiggle the little puppet to make it dance. I just love it and so did my dear friend.

3 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

How adorable. I bet I can guess who this was for!!! I know she Loved it, its so her!!!

Deborah said...

This is so cute. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you don't mind if I try out this idea. I have a clown in a box that works a lot like this except he is attached differently. I haven't worked out how yet as I did not want to damage the box.

Ann said...

just beautiful. your friend is very lucky!!!!!!