Thursday, March 11, 2010

Doll Tin ...yep ...Steampunk again : /

Monday was out local art club meeting and two of our fabulous members teamed up to bring us this great project. We all used wallpaper books as our first layer then embellished to the finish :)) I was drawn of course to the the adventure of the world, using vintage maps and a moon to create a little doll type tin. I wrapped eyelash yarn around the edges of the lid. Then to steam punk it out I added some gears and watch springs to the front. I then made a little hat from cardboard and an old map and added a tiny compass that I glued inside a spiral paper clip, a brass finding and some specks made from vintage tidily winks were my finishing touches. I just love it! Renee and Jill even brought us some of there beautiful hand made soaps to put in our tins. We always have so much fun and I count myself so fortunate to be in such a fun artistic group!

 






4 comments:

FILIGREE MOON said...

Wonderful creation! And so grand to be part of an art group! ~ Angela

Lori said...

Really creative and cute! Love it!

Heavens2Betsy said...

Funky heaven!

Ann said...

fabulous piece!!
love it !!